Tuesday 12 April 2011

Kapow Comic Con: Part I

Well as promised here is part I of the run through of the Kapow weekend. It started early as needed to get a train into London so out of the house by about 7.
Nice easy journey, though the cab driver we had wasn't a morning person. When we got to the venue, there was already a queue.







This was about an hour before the doors opened. This got slightly longer and speaking to people inside who arrived about 10, there was still a queue at that time.






When we got in and saw the stands, having never been to a comic based con, my breath was taken away and didn't know where to start.






Me and my excellent wife then had a good look around, being given free comics and chatting to some of the traders. Really good atmosphere, with lots of friendly people (makes me wish that the world had more geeks in it, it would be a better place).
Picked up some comics that I had been after and got one that I wanted to get for my wife's upcoming birthday.
We then split up so she could go into the 2000AD panel whilst I queued for signatures. Queuing was the theme of the weekend, which was OK as I got talking to a number of people in the queue.






No comments:

Post a Comment